Seven Simple Ways To Spark Your Room With Accessories
It's totally understandable when you're staring at your blank coffee table or even the room itself trying to figure out what to do with it. The interesting part is, the items you can style with are already lying around unnoticed.
Here are a few tips to help you pull some magic with accessories.
Make sure some of your accessories reflect your accent colors. For instance, your throw could reflect yellow if yellow is your accent color.
- Try to include something from nature in your display. Flowers/plants and sea shells are common examples. You can again consider using plants in at least two areas of your room. It could be more if you prefer.
- Always remember to include some books as well. They’re magical as well as give a functional look to your table.
- Try as much as possible not to cover spaces (coffee tables, bookshelves, dinning tables, etc) with only decor items. It should be functional as well as beautifully decorated. Incorporate items such as books you're currently reading, take lamps, a fruit bowl, etc.
- Include one or two larger artworks that put together the color scheme of the room.
- Layer a variety of different shapes, sizes and patterns. It works like magic.
I hope this was helpful. Feel free to get in touch if you need some help.